Secure and routine password updates are vital for protecting your personal information.
This article serves as a comprehensive guide on how to change your Gmail password on various devices and under different circumstances, including without a phone number, without the app, if you forgot it, and even how to change it in Outlook.
- 1 How to Change Your Gmail Password
- 2 How to Change Gmail Password on Android, iPhone, or iPad
- 3 How to Change Gmail Password on Computer and Mac
- 4 How to Change Gmail Password Without Phone Number
- 5 How to Change Gmail Password Without App
- 6 How to Change Gmail Password in Outlook
- 7 How to Change Gmail Password If You Forgot It
- 8 Conclusion
How to Change Your Gmail Password
To change your Gmail password:
- Open Gmail and sign in.
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner and select “Manage your Google Account.”
- Navigate to the “Security” tab.
- Under “Signing in to Google,” find “Password.” You might need to sign in again.
- Click on “Password,” enter your new password, and select “Change Password.”
How to Change Gmail Password on Android, iPhone, or iPad
Regardless of your device, changing your Gmail password involves a similar process:
- Open the Gmail app.
- Tap on your profile picture and then “Manage your Google Account.”
- Under the “Security” tab, tap on “Password” under the “Signing in to Google” section.
- Enter your current password for verification, then enter your new password and confirm it by entering it again.
- Tap on “Change Password.”
How to Change Gmail Password on Computer and Mac
The process to change your Gmail password on a computer or a Mac is the same as outlined in the first section of this guide since it’s browser-based.
How to Change Gmail Password Without Phone Number
If you don’t have access to your phone number, Google might ask you to answer security questions to verify your identity. After successfully answering, you’ll be able to change your password following the steps listed above.
How to Change Gmail Password Without App
If you don’t have the Gmail app, you can change your password through a web browser:
- Visit the Gmail website and log in.
- Follow the steps outlined in the first section.
How to Change Gmail Password in Outlook
If you’re accessing your Gmail account via Outlook, remember that changing the password in Outlook won’t change your Gmail password. You need to first change it via Gmail (as detailed above) and then update the password in Outlook:
- Open Outlook and select “File.”
- Under “Account Information,” click on “Account Settings” and then “Account Settings” again.
- Select your Gmail account and then “Change.”
- Enter your new Gmail password in the “Password” field and click “Next,” then “Finish.”
How to Change Gmail Password If You Forgot It
If you forgot your Gmail password:
- Visit the Gmail login page and click on “Forgot password?”
- You’ll be asked to enter the last password you remember or verify your identity through other means like phone number, recovery email, or security question.
- After verification, you’ll be able to enter a new password.
It’s important to routinely update your Gmail password to maintain account security. With this guide, you can comfortably change your password across all devices, without a phone number or the Gmail app, in Outlook, and even if you forgot it.